For the roasted vegetables:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the almond butter sauce:
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter Bio Garden
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Water, as needed
For the toppings:
- Sliced green onions
- Sliced almonds
- Sesame seeds
- Cilantro leaves
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange the sweet potato, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa and add it to a pot with the water and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- While the vegetables and quinoa are cooking, prepare the almond butter sauce. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add water as needed to thin the sauce to your desired consistency.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the cooked quinoa among 4 bowls. Top with the roasted vegetables, and drizzle the almond butter sauce over everything.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, and cilantro leaves.