- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups seafood or chicken stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Bio Garden Semi-dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 300 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 300 grams scallops
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice and stir for a minute or two until the grains are coated in the oil and slightly toasted.
- Pour in the white wine and let it cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Start adding the stock, one ladle at a time, stirring frequently and allowing the rice to absorb each ladle before adding the next. Keep adding stock until the rice is cooked and creamy, about 20-25 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and scallops and cook for a few minutes until the shrimp are pink and the scallops are golden brown.
- Once the risotto is cooked, stir in the sundried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto in bowls and top with the cooked shrimp and scallops. Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and some chopped fresh parsley.